I. MECHANICAL DRAFTSMAN INTRODUCTION :
- Free hand sketching
- Use of drawing instruments and materials
- Drawing conventional lines according to isi code. Folding of sheets .
- Draw 1st & 3rd angle projection of points, lines, plain figures, solids & simple machine components
- 2d & 3d drafting
II. MECHANICAL DRAFTING : DETAILING :
- Draw different types of sectional views and dimensioning their drawings
- Draw isometric oblique and perspective projection of simple objects
- Draw inter-penetration curves and developed simple objects
- Draw temp. Fasteners - screws threads, bolts, nuts, washers, locking devices
- Machine screws, cap screws, studs, set screws, foundation bolts, circlips, keys, cotters, and pins
- Draw types of rivets and riveted joints
- Use of important pattern maker's tools, making of simple patterns, use of molding tools and preparation of simple mould
- Use blacksmiths hand tool, forging of simple jobs
- Use fitter hand tools and measuring instruments
- Carry out simple operations on shaping, and milling machines
- Carry out simple operation on lathe
- Use of sheet metal work and tools, elementary knowledge of gas and gas welding.
- Elementary knowledge of electrician trade and to be able to identify the different parts of i.c. engine
- Prepare free hand sketches from exiting machine parts. Inking and colouring the drawing. Tracing a drawing on both tracing paper and cloth.
- Draw details & assembly drawings of machine parts like coupling bearing, pulleys etc
III. MECHANICAL DRAFTING : WORKING DRAWINGS :
- Prepare piping drawings, main line layout as done previously
- Prepare working drawings of different types of gears.
- Prepare details and assembly drawings of important machine parts and engine parts
- Draw working drawings of jigs, fixtures, gauges, press tools
- Draw welding drawings, use of welding symbols on drawings
- Draw foundations drawings for machinery
- Draw and sketch assembly drawing of bench drilling and slotting machines.
- To prepare working drawing of machine parts and components independently taking sketches from the shop floor
- Making working drawing of projects.
IV. MECHANICAL DRAFTSMAN SOFTWARE'S :
- Auto cad
V. LIVE PROJECTS FOR MECHANICAL DRAFTSMAN (2 NOS) :
- Mechanical drafting fixture for drilling hole
- Mechanical drafting of milling fixture
- Mechanical drafting of north light
- Mechanical drafting of Valve